The Kid

The Kid
My heart Grew legs and walked right out of my body

Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Parent

OK so I didn't get to do this last night so I will do one this  morning and one tonight that should catch me up.

Dear Mom,

I will be writing to you on a later date so I will give this one to dad OK?


Dear Dad,

Where do I begin? I have gotten more from you than I think is even possible.  Greg says the Workman genes are so strong they can transfer via osmosis! I really don't know where to start without rambling so excuse me if i ramble.  You taught me not to take any crap from anybody, you taught me to stand up for myself and my family.  You taught me that DNA doesn't make that family. You taught me how to ride a bike, You taught me the lesson of " Not putting your foot down" on a quad lol. You taught me that you have to work hard to get what you want and most of the time you have to work harder than others. You gave me a strength that cannot be taken.  You gave me a chance to have the greatest dad, when the "sperm Donor" just bailed. You taught me not to listen to anyone else and make my own decisions a lesson that got difficult as I became a teenager :) (I think you meant don't listen to anyone else but you..) More recently you have taught me that you are made of Teflon, and you are stronger and more resilient that I thought anyone could be. You have taught me that it doesn't matter what your age you need to be flexible and prepare for your entire life to change in a blink.  You have shown me that a person is never done growing and becoming a better version of themselves.  You taught me the importance of manners and good behavior. Your parenting has made me a good parent.  You taught me that there are times when the best thing to do is just keep your mouth shut even when someone deserves a good ass chewing! You also taught me that sometimes you just have to say what is on your mind and leave it at that.  I can't thank you enough for everything you have given me I think the only way to make it right is to pay it forward and give it to my kids.  Love you Dad!

-Tish

No comments:

Post a Comment